Thursday 11 June 2009

Shutter Island Trailer

I am an unapologetic Dennis Lehane fan. I've read most of his books and nearly did a backward somersault when I heard that Martin Scorsese, (arguably one of the greatest directors of our time), was adapting Shutter Island into a blockbuster movie. Just as I was slipping on my gymnastics leotard and rubbing talcum powder into my hands I then heard that Leonardo DiCaprio was to star.
It's not that I think that Leo is a bad actor, he quite obviously isn't, but he doesn't have the manly chops to pull off parts which require, gritty, tough and testosterone fuelled characters, which is why I had a problem with The Departed.
However it appears from the trailer that Scorsese has nailed the creepy, unsettling atmosphere of the book, but I'll reserve judgement on Ladyboy DiCaprio's performance for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment